Holographic Hair this Summers hot Trend and the truth you will need to know. Holographic hair, despite its flair and beauty, comes along with some ugly truth. Trends in beauty are just like trends in fashion one size does not fit all. Although one may love every person they see in a pair of Harem pants, the moment you go out and try a pair on you realize, (sighs) its just not you. This trend is surely not for everyone and hell it is not even for all hair stylists to perform. In the same breath you can always tweak this trend to customize it to your personality, for instance, doing a darker version! So lets talk about what you need to know before jumping on this train.
- If you are blonde already then you are golden, this trend is best suited for you!
- In order to have something like this top photo you need to have WHITE/PLATINUM hair. Already cutting off about 50% (realistically more) of people from really ever achieving this look. A good example to understand why its important to have white hair for this trend is think of it as a canvas already painted with yellow paint when you go to put a pastel color on top of yellow paint it is not going to be that pretty pastel color you picked out. But on top of a white canvas that color will stay true to tone.
- Creating platinum hair will cost you time, money, and possibly some inches of your length again depending on your hair color and history. The darker your hair color is naturally the more sessions you will need to achieve this look. It will require more time, and ultimately cost you more money.
- This color will be higher maintenance! In a lot of cases this color will require more frequent visits and in some cases the color may only last for 2 weeks. Of course you will still be blonde but even being blonde will require you to have your roots maintained every 2 to 4 weeks. These light pastels tend to fade very fast!
- Be prepared for hours in the salon. This will take more than one process if you are not already platinum blonde and for the brunettes it could take more than a few appointments.
- If you are brunette and darker be prepared to possibly not get the results you want and some possible breakage/drier hair. Remember what Kim K hair looked like when she first went blonde? Yellloooooow! She had to leave it, shortly after having another blonding session and then she was platinum. Then she cut a lot of length off obviously from the damage. Also lets not forget she then soon went back dark in a matter of weeks because she couldn’t do the maintenance. But you must be willing to loose some length.
So now that I have prepared you if you are looking to get this look exactly I would find a stylist near you that is comfortable with blonding and get the process started. If you are thinking that this way too much for you or have darker hair and know its going to be a harder process to achieve. Some fun options for you to still be apart of this fun new holographic hair trend might be
- Do a darker version.
- Purchase some blonde human hair extension clip ins or tape ins and have a stylist color those for you and pop those babies in.
- Just do a section or a couple of sections in your hair. This will be easier to get all white in a shorter time and less to worry about damage.
Okay Beauty Bees I hope this gave you some insight on this beautiful but taxing Holographic Hair Trend! Let me know what you think of this trend, if you already have it what was your experience?! Comment Below!
Like Subscribe, or Share with a friend that may need to know this ugly truth ahhahah